Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journal 1: Who am I?

photo by Elizabeth Waite ©2010

The beach is the symbol I have chosen to represent myself. What a person notices about the beach and the ocean are surface things: the waves, the sand. However, it's what is under all of that which really makes up the bigger picture. It's the depths of the ocean that aren't understood, or even aren't entirely known or discovered. I think this image represents me because it's romantic, idealistic, even optimistic. In contrast, it is also a bit mysterious and illustrates depth.

photo by Elizabeth Waite ©2010
This image of a flower is what I have chosen to represent how other people might see me. Strangers judge people on appearances and aren't aware of the personality, ideals, or depths of a person. This flower is a fairly straightforward image, which is how people generally view others at first glance. I believe this is how strangers see me because I take care of my appearance but I don't tend to wear my personality on my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment