Monday, January 24, 2011

Journal 2: Recreating Signs

Women's Restroom: For this sign I chose feminine pastel colors along with a feminine swirl pattern to represent the women's restroom. I think that some type of design such as this done with pastels or soft paint colors would be effective in communicating the idea of a place for women.

Men's Restroom: For this sign I used masculine colors with straight lines, which is a more masculine pattern.

Exit: I used an image of the outdoors as seen from inside to represent an exit, or a way out. Forgive my elementary school tree and sun sketch!

Executive Washroom: Although I didn't know that executive washrooms actually exist, I assume that they are going to be very nice. Maybe even fancy, which is why I chose a diamond to represent them.

Fire Extinguisher: This one did not scan well, but it's supposed to be different shades of red topped by different shades of blue. The red would represent fire, and the blue represents water which would extinguish the fire.

Janitor's Closet: For this sign I drew a spray bottle, which can be commonly recognized as household cleaner, inside a door, representing the closet.


Parking Garage: For this sign I used a row of parking spaces. This would be effective in communicating it's meaning, but might not be any more aesthetically pleasing than a sign that just said, "Parking Garage."

No comments:

Post a Comment